The Háskóli Íslands Student Conference on the Medieval North is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone. The committee expects participants to maintain respectful interactions, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, age, religion or any other determining factors. We will not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Conference participants violating these rules may be expelled from the conference at the discretion of the conference organizers.
To ensure that everyone can make the most of the academic, networking, and social opportunities that the Háskóli Íslands Student Conference on the Medieval North offers, the organisers expect all participants and staff to adhere to our policy on dignity and mutual respect at all conference venues and conference-related social events, as well as online and in any form of social media.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Aggressive and demeaning remarks pertaining someone’s gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, age, or religion.
- Sexual images in public spaces.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following.
- Harassing photography or recording.
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Failure to comply may result in a warning, or if deemed necessary, expulsion from the conference and conference related activities or social events. Any threatening/dangerous behavior will be turned over to Emergency Services.